Saturday, September 6, 2008

Tarantulas and despedidas

Happy Wedding Jon and Sarah! We are so sad that we are not there to celebrate with you guys! On a horrible note, there was a giant tarantula in my room this morning. I nearly died of fright but somehow I managed to compose myself and squish it. Now I am afraid of my room and really glad that I have a mosquito net so at least nothing can touch me while I sleep. Thankfully we´re going back to Zarabanda in 3 days where I do not think that they have tarantulas. Tomorrow is our despedida for our families (in Kev´s town too). I am helping to make a ton of brownies (from scratch since I´m a super chef) and fruit salad. It should be interesting... Elizabeth, Hilary, and I gave our HIV/AIDS charla yesterday and it actually went really well. Our class was really well-behaved considering they were ninth graders. They participated and I think they actually laughed less than we did when we received the charla from current volunteers. My favorite part was watching them put condoms on bananas and of course the question and answer part. We got one question asking how to have sex and at what age. Luckily our director was there and he helped us out since my Spanish is not quite that good yet. Kev said that his charla went well too, his group was much larger so he did not have to talk as much which he liked. Otherwise not a lot is going on here. Just hot and humid and I want to die everytime I have to walk somewhere.

3 comments:

barbara ellis said...

I am certain your brownies were delicious ! Hope you and Elizabeth will not be posted too far apart ! Thanks for your great updates - and sorry about the taranchula !
Take care, and be safe ,
Barbara Ellis

Unknown said...

Do they eat taranchulas there? I heard they taste like crab or course you don't like that sort of stuff though. There should be pics of the McClarty wedding soon. They'rrrrrrrrrrre grrrrrreat!

LT MPJ said...

I want to post pictures of me owning you at Jon's wedding. I bet you could feel it.

Followers